Via Farini, 91 - Modena - MO - 41121
Timetable:Weekdays and holidays 7.30 am - 11.30 am / 5.00 pm - 7.00 pm
The design for the current church, built starting in 1647, is attributed to Gaspare Vigarani, with the aid of Cristoforo Malagola called "il Galaverna".
The facade, designed by Antonio Loraghi, was built in 1685. The cycle of marble statues are the work of Giovanni, Andrea and Tommaso Lazzoni.
The inside follows the plan of a Greek cross with a central cupola supported by 8 groups of Corinthian columns with a rich trabeation topped by 4 arches.
The main altar, dating from 1666, is polychrome marble work by Antonio Loraghi. The image of the Madonna on the altar dates from the XVII century and is called the Ausiliatrice del popolo modenese; the name that was also given to the church at the beginning of the 1900's.
How to get there
Coming from Largo Sant'Agostino, go all the way down Via Emilia until you reach Via Farini; take Via Farini and go all the way to the colonnade, the Church is on the corner.
For disabled people: entrance with three 16 cm steps plus one 10 step up to the entrance threshold.