via San Carlo - Modena - MO - 41121
Timetable:The church is currently used for exhibitions and as an auditorium. Visits on reservation only, at San Carlo Foundation - Via San Carlo, 5, (ph. +39(0)59/421204, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org).
The church, started in 1664 on a design by Bartolomeo Avanzini, architect to the Duke's court, is currently used as an auditorium.
The inside is divided into three naves and holds several paintings by the most important of Modena's XVII century artists.
The apse, with its full baroque stucco decoration, houses a large canvass by Marcantonio Franceschini depicting the great plague occurred in Milan.
For the physically disabled: To enter one must pass one 8 cm step (sidewalk) plus one 19 cm step (threshold).
How to get there
It is located in the Historic Center where traffic is limited.
From Largo Sant'Agostino go down Via Emilia to the Via San Carlo intersection on the right.
Continue down this street until you reach the entrance of the church which is on the right.