Art and culture

Piazza della pomposa

Piazza Pomposa - Modena - MO - 41100

It takes its name from the church dedicated to Santa Maria della Pomposa, a time dependence of the best-known Pomposa Abbey, near Comacchio, founded in the ninth century.

He was provost of the abbey Ludovico Antonio Muratori, who lived in the adjoining rectory of the church modenese 1716 to 1750 and completely rebuilt the church in 1717.

The square is still with the appearance it had in the eighteenth century, although the neighboring urban areas were revalued and host events and entertainment activities of great interest.

At number 89 note "Home Tassoni" typical example of a Renaissance house Modena.