Cavezzo - MO - 41032
According to the Pianta by Francesco II d'Este's librarian - Gian Battista Boccabadati - Villa di Capezzo, together with Gisvetro and Villa di Motta, once belonged to the Municipality of Casare. Villa Cavezzo became the main centre of the area after a number of different factors came into play in the 16th century.
The most important artistic-architectural structure in the Cavezzo area is the Church of Santa Maria ad Nives, whose origins can be traced back to a 14th century chapel. Inside it, visitors can admire several works of significant value (scagliole and paintings). The Villa Delfini - an attractive 17th century residential complex - is located a few ceilometers away from the centre of Cavezzo. The park, its gardens and a number of its rooms are open to the public during the summer, when musical and literary events are held there.
IAT - Tourist Information and Assistance Office
Address: Piazza Grande, 14 c/o historical entrance Town Hall
Telephone: 059/2032660 - Fax: 059/2032659
Web site: http://turismo.comune.modena.it/
Opening times: from Monday to Saturday 8.00am to 1.00pm and Thursday afternoon 3.00pm to 6.00pm; and Summer times only from 8.00am to 1.00pm.
Ab.7.059 (last update 2014)
How to get there
By car: take the ringroad direction Mirandola, then go on S.S. 12 Abetone-Brennero called canaletto, near Mirandola turn left direction Cavezzo.
- Emergency medical service - tel. 0535/654802. From Mondays to Saturdays 20.00-8.00, and from Saturadys 10,00-08.00 of Mondays, including midweek holydays
- Hospital via Fogazzaro, 1 - tel. 0535.602111
- First Aid 118- Blue cross Croce Blu - Via Pederzoli, 113 - tel.0535.40175
- Municipal Police Polizia municipale: via Cavour 40 tel. 0535.49806 only in case of emergency cell. 329.3179600 ( 7.30- 19.30)
- Carabinieri Via Carducci, 1, Telefono:053558112 - Fax:053546849, of emergency 112
Fire departement (the station is in San Felice sul Panaro): Via degli Esploratori, 56 - tel. 115 Forestry -Corpo forestale dello Stato: toll free numebr 800 841051
City of art