Formigine - MO - 41043
In this small town you can admire some noteworthy buildings, first of all the Castle with its ancient tower, then two beautiful churches: the Church of Madonna del Ponte (named San Pietro) and the Church of Annunziata. In the surroundings of Formigine there are many interesting villas, such as Villa Giardini in
Casinalbo, Villa Carbonieri in Magreta, Villa Leonardi in Corlo. Villa Gandini-Aggazzotti, with its magnificent park rich in age-old trees, is the most interesting artistic building in Formigine.
Remarkable are the Romanesque parish in Colombaro and the tower in Colombarone.
Information point: via Unità d'Italia, 26
Opening hours: Monday to Wednesday 8.15am /1.15pm; Thursday 8.15am / 1.30pm and 2.15pm / 5.45pm; Friday and Saturday 8.15am / 12.15pm.
34.298 (last update 2014)
How to get there
By car: from the exit A1 Modena Nord take the bypass in the direction Sassuolo-Maranello or from Modena take S.P. 3 (named via Giardini) in the direction Formigine/Maranello/Abetone.
By train: from Modena's railway station take the bus n° 3, stop Ferrovie Provinciali, then take the train to Formigine.
By bus: extra-urban bus, direction Formigine/Maranello.
- Emergency medical service 059/558077
From Mondays to Saturdays 20.00-8.00, and from Saturadys 10,00-08.00 of Mondays, including midweek holydays
- Baggiovara Hospital, Via Giardini, 1355,MO tel. 059 3961111. First aid 118.
- Municipal Police Polizia Municipale Via Unità d'Italia, 24 , Tel 059/557733,Fax 059/552505;
- Carabinieri Via Trilussa 53,tel.059/558091 fax 059/552943
- Fire departement Via Trilussa 53, tel.059/558091 fax 059/552943
- Emergency 115
- Provincial police Polizia Provinciale (environment, hunting, fishing) 059/203523-525