Piazza Popolo - Medolla - MO - 41036
Timetable:Closed for restoration
This theatre was built in the main square of Medolla during the fascist period (its original name was Teatro del Littorio). It has a sturdy, rectangular layout with a single body and the outside is extremely simple. The façade, with no noteworthy decorations, contains a few indications of the period in which it was built: the window frames on the first floor, the pediment and the central balcony. Designed by Araldo Vincenzi of Mirandola and subsequently modified by Engineer Renzo Bertolani, construction of this theatre was begun in 1927 and completed in one year.
A floor plan drawing up in 1940 shows a simple, streamlined layout with an atrium, U-shaped layout with a single balcony running along three sides of the hall and a stage with an understage.
HOW TO GET THERE By car: take the ring road from Modena, Mirandola direction, then take the SS Abetone-12 Brenner, known as Canaletto.
By train: the train station in Bologna, take the Bologna / Verona and get off at San Felice Sul Panaro, then take extra-urban buses, the direction of Medowie.