Churches, baptisteries

Santa Maria Maggiore church - Duomo

Piazza Conciliazione - Mirandola - MO - 41037

Phone: +39-(0)535/21018 Parrocchia San Francesco

URL: https://www.parrocchiamirandola.it/contatti/

It was restored in the mid-400s by order of Giovanni and Francesco Pic, Lords of Mirandola;

Recent restorations have wanted to "interpret" the medieval origin of the Church with a façade in Gothic style, while the sides and the polygonal apses are original. The bell tower is from the seventeenth century.

The interior, with three naves, preserves two paintings by the Venetian Sante Peranda (1566-1638). Noteworthy, in the Chapel of the Madonna of Pompeii, an altar in gilded wood, a seventeenth-century Baroque work of the Mirandolese school.