Visit Modena Gift Cards
What could be better than the experience of genuine emotion, the discovery of new destinations, and memories to treasure forever?
Give the gift of Modena and amaze the one you love.
You'll receive a virtual gift card by e-mail with a code to book tours and activies in the Experiences catalogue
FIVE GOOD REASONS TO GIVE THE GIFT OF MODENA!
1) Give an original gift that supports the community and the local tourist industry. The Modena area has charm to spare—art, architecture, fine food, and fast cars—and offers visitors opportunities of all kinds. It’s the ideal destination for a weekend getaway, from the river valleys to the Apennines.
2) Aficionados of art and architecture will be delighted by what the Modena area has to offer. Among the City of Modena’s treasures, appreciated all over the world, are the Modena Cathedral, a masterpiece of the Italian Romanesque style; the Ghirlandina Tower; and Piazza Grande, together made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Then there’s the 17th-century Ducal Palace, home to the Este court after its move to Modena from Ferrara in 1598 and now the site of the Military Academy; and the Este Galleries with their collections of priceless works of art. Music lovers will be thrilled by a visit to the Municipal Theater and, just south of town, the Luciano Pavarotti House and Museum. A bit farther afield, impressive castles and charming villages illuminate an exciting voyage through time.
3) “Food tourists” will find much to appreciate on Modena’s tables: such unique products as PDO (protected designation of origin) and PGI (protected geographical indication) balsamic vinegar, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Lambrusco wine, prosciutto, and tortellini. Local farms where these products are born offer a chance to experience Italian-made excellence up close. One of the best restaurants in the world, Chef Massimo Bottura’s Osteria Francescana, is located in the historic center of Modena.
4) Lovers of engines and supercars will be fascinated by the stories of Ferrari, Maserati, Pagani, and Stanguellini, icons of Modenese ingenuity. Modena, the birthplace of Enzo Ferrari, has long been passionate about cars, and legends of speed fill the air.
In addition to the Enzo Ferrari Museum in Modena and the Ferrari Museum in Maranello, a number of other important sites in auto history are nearby: museums, factories, and private collections that include the Maserati factory and showroom, the Umberto Panini Museum of Vintage Cars and Motorcycles, the Stanguellini Museum, the Righini collection, the Pagani Autoworks, and the Modena racetrack.
5) The Modena area offers lovers of nature, sports, and relaxation wonderful opportunities for discovery and recreation in every season of the year. There are trails for hiking or biking, parks of all kinds, and uncontaminated nature reserves and wildlife oases where visitors can immerse themselves in nature. The Salvarola Hot Springs, prized by the ancient Romans for the healing properties of its waters, promises moments of pure relaxation, and Mount Cimone offers skiing, snowshoeing, and ice skating during pleasant winter weekends. New discoveries, fun, and tranquility await!
Modena has a gift for its guests as well. The “Welcome to Modena” offer is ideal for travelers who plan to stay in and around Modena for at least two nights.
Through this promotion, visitors receive free purchase vouchers, valued up to €100 per room, that can be spent in area restaurants, shops, and museums as well as for tours and other activities. To receive your vouchers, book your hotel through the initiative’s official website, www.welcometomodena.it, where you’ll also find full details about the promotion. If you plan to give someone a VisitModena gift card, be sure to tell the recipient about the voucher offer as well!
VisitModena gift cards are sold by Modenatur.