Getting around Modena
Modena’s historical center is the perfect size to be visited on foot. A convenient infographic—the “Metrominuto” map—shows walking times and distances between the main points of interest.
- Parking in Modena
- Information regarding traffic-limited zones within Modena.
- For information on car rentals (with or without a driver), call us at (+39) 059-203-2660 or email info@visitModena.it.
Information about the network of bus lines in the City of Modena and the surrounding Province can be found on the site of the SETA bus lines (https://www.setaweb.it).
Route finder: https://www.setaweb.it/mo/trova-percorso
Modena is also connected by bus to the most relevant towns and villages of the surrounding area (Carpi, Sassuolo, Fiorano, Campogalliano, Correggio, Soliera, Vignola, Pavullo, Nonantola, Maranello, and others).
You can buy the bus ticket also on the bus with a contactles credit card.
The “C’Entro in Bici” Bike-Share Service
“C’Entro in Bici” is a free bike-share service operated by the City of Modena and allows the use of a bicycle for a maximum of three consecutive days. To use a ride-share bike, fill out a registration form at the Tourist Information Office at No. 14 Piazza Grande, pay a €20 deposit, and provide a license, passport, or other identity document. You’ll receive a numbered key that allows you to pick up your bicycle at any of the bike racks located in various places around the city. Bicycles may be used only between the hours of 7:00am and midnight and must be returned by midnight to the same place where they were picked up.
Bicycle rental in Modena
- Cicli Center Via Emilia Ovest n ° 174, Modena;
- E-bike Travel Viale Amendola, 548 - 41125 Modena
- eGO eBIKE by Fabio Zara at Ostello S. Filippo Neri Via Sant'Orsola 52 Modena or in Nonantola: Via Torre 15/1;
Two radio taxi services are available 24/7
Taxi Consortia of Modena
- CO.TA.MO - Radio Taxi tel. +39 059/374242, +39 335 1838555 (to book by SMS), ✉ email@example.com.
Special Taxi fares for tourists routes departing from Modena
- Ferrari Museum Maranello: one way + 1 hour stop + 60.00 euro return
- Autodromo di Modena (Marzaglia): maximum return ticket 25.00 euros
- Lamborghini Museum (Sant'Agata Bolognese): one way + 1 hour stop + return 70.00 euros
- Ducati Museum (Borgo Panigale): one way + 1 hour stop + return: 100.00 euros
- Ducati Museum (Borgo Panigale): maximum one-way fare: 70.00 euros
- Pagani Museum (San Cesario S / P :) one way + 1 hour stop + return: 50.00 euros
- Palazzo Ducale (Sassuolo): one way + 1 hour stop + return: 70.00 euros
- Casa Pavarotti Museum: round trip + 1 hour stop + return: 40.00 euros
- Traditional Balsamic Museum (Spilamberto): one way + 1 hour stop + return: 50 eu
Direct train service conveniently connects Modena with a wide variety of tourist sites. www.trenitalia.it.
The high-speed Italo train (https://www.italotreno.it) provides connections from Reggio-Emilia to Modena via the Italobus service, which is included in the price of Italo train tickets.