The Romea Strata is an ancient pilgrimage route that connects the Baltic Republics to Rome. Here, you will cross the Apennine section that will lead you to the Croce Arcana, crossing a territory rich in history! Amid legends, tales of Alaska, and breathtaking landscapes, you will experience 3 days dedicated to walking and conviviality.
DAY 1 Querciola - Fanano
11.5 km 500 mD+ 650 mD- 5h30'
Transfer from Modena, departure from Querciola at 9:30 AM.
Today's route starts from a panoramic terrace offering a view of the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines. We will walk on paths, dirt roads, and secondary roads, passing by the fascinating Rocca Corneta and reaching Fanano in the afternoon. Lunch will be packed, with water points at Querciola and Fanano (it is essential to have 2 liters of water each). Night in Fanano with half-board treatment at Hotel Firenze.
DAY 2 Fanano - Capanno Tassoni - Arcane Cross
17 km 1260 mD+ 560 mD- 9h
Breakfast at 8:00 AM, departure at 8:30 AM.
We leave the village of Fanano towards Ospitale, the trail ascends quickly through the forest before continuing on the road. Short break in Ospitale (possible water resupply but not during periods of drought) and continuation, on an easy road and trail, to the Capanno Tassoni Refuge. Quick lunch at the refuge and optional excursion to the Arcane Cross. After climbing the Arcane Cross, we will return to the Capanno Tassoni Refuge where we will spend the night.
DAY 3 Capanno Tassoni - Fanano
10.5 km 150 mD+ 850 mD- 4h30'
Retracing yesterday's route, we will return to Fanano. The route is mostly downhill, allowing us to loosen our legs after yesterday's ascent. Lunch at Lo Chalet in Fanano. Transfer to Modena in the afternoon.
The price includes:
- 2 nights with breakfast in a shared room with other participants
- 2 dinners with drinks included
- 3 days of guided tour with a certified guide
- One-way transfer to Querciola
- Return transfer to Modena
The price does not include:
- Trekking backpack (minimum 35 L) with a waterproof cover, comfortable, and in good condition.
- Waterproof shell or windproof jacket
- Rain poncho
- Spare base layer
- Spare thermal shirt
- Technical layered clothing
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- Long hiking pants
- High ankle trekking shoes, waterproof, preferably with a Vibram sole, in good condition
- Necessary for the overnight stay and comfortable clothing for dinner
- Small toiletry kit
- Comfort food (energy bars & dried fruits)
- Mobile phone charger
- Small medical kit, if desired
- Gloves/neck warmer (depending on temperature variations, but recommended)
- The use of trekking poles for elevation gain is recommended.
- Avoid using cotton garments directly against the body: if possible, wear wool or technical hiking clothing.
- The guide is available to organize a video call to address any doubts regarding the equipment.
Activity sold and organized by Modenatur - travel and tourism agency.
Before booking, please read the general terms and conditions of sale for tourist packages.
Booking is mandatory within two weeks from the departure date, by clicking on the "Book Now" button on this page.
The activity will be confirmed upon reaching at least 6 participants within the two weeks prior to the departure date. After this date, in case of cancellation by the customer, no refunds will be issued. The organizer reserves the right to cancel the tour in case of adverse weather conditions and force majeure events. In such cases, the paid fee will be fully refunded.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellation up to 15 days before the tour, for cancellations after this date 50% of the total amount will be retained, in case of cancellation after 48 hours before the first departure or No Show, the amount paid will not be refunded
INFO FOR BOOKING
Modenatur: Via Scudari 10, 41121 Modena
Tel: 0039 059220022