Theme ART AND CULTURE
San Bernardino da Siena Church
It is the patronal church, being dedicated to San Bernardino da Siena. It was built starting from 1604
The church was built in 1604 under the auspices of a confraternity, and was adorned with masterworks such as canvases by Marco Meloni, Ludovico Carracci, and Guercino, all of which are now substituted by copies, the originals in the Galleria Estense. However the original 18th-century altar with a reliquary bust (1857) of the title saint (by Giovanni Belleza), and smaller altarpieces remain including a Martyrdom of St Lawrence by Jacopo Palma il Giovane, a San Carlo Borromeo by Carlo Procaccini, and a canvas by Stefano Lemmi.
Every day 6.30 am - 10.30 am and 5.00 pm - 6.30 pm