Sanctuary Church of the Holy Cross
The cult and current sanctuary derive from a devotional image depicting the Deposition from the Cross.
The first oratory was built in 1724 and enlarged by the architect Carlo Lugli in 1763 who gave it a marked late Baroque flair with some Rococo decoration, perhaps the only place of this style in the province.
The lovely façade, adorned with stucco work, has a centralised internal layout with scenic solutions that give it a theatrical effect.
It has rich furnishings and high stucco, plaster and wood altars. The canvasses by M. Borghi, the fresco by Lanzani and particularly the Madonna of the Angels, an exquisite plastic group by the Modenese artist Antonio Begarelli, are all worthy of note.