The dissolved clays brought to the surface deposit around the opening, creating the typical cones. The Salse, emissions of salty muds, are mistakenly considered pseudo-volcanic in nature. While this is not the only site of this phenomenon in Italy, it is undoubtedly the most important.
Within the Nirano Salse Regional Nature Reserve, the Ca' Tassi visitor's center performs the following activities
- study and research on natural phenomena
- collection, filing and updating of technical-scientific documentation on the "salse" phenomena
- environmental education and didactics
- guiding and logistics support for visitors
- reception for individuals and organized groups.
The center is equipped with:
- auditorium, multi-purpose room, didactic hall for seminars, conferences, viewings
- environmental laboratory for didactic-demonstration activities and experimentation
- museum and exhibition area with nature museum and exhibition on the Salse and Hillside ecology
- library for the consultation of studies and publications
- covered and open air picnic areas
- visitor's information and services point.
The Visitor's Center opens as follows on Sundays and public holidays:
- from October to March: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- from April to September: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm - 7.00 pm (except for August).
To know before you go
To book a guided tour
The guided tours, by volunteer eco-guards, must be booked in advance by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org