Archaeology museum "Giuseppe Venturini" currently closed due to earthquake
The collection is divided into several sections:
- Overview of the lower Modena territory with description of the geomorphologic and geological features. Particular attention is paid to river dynamics with a scrupulous reconstruction of the changes the Po, Secchia and Panaro rivers have undergone since ancient times.
- Terramara culture: this room holds the mid-to-late Bronze age findings as well as pottery and metal items that can be traced back to a significant Etruscans settlements between the VII and IV centuries B.C.
- Roman age: material is on display from more than 150 known settlements.
- Middle Ages and Modern Times:
- Urban changes in San Felice since World War II following the elimination of the Saliceta Woods, the reclamation of the wetland marshes and progressive disappearance of the plantations; the type of wood cultivation once characteristic of the mid and low-lying Emilia plains.
There is also hall where lessons can be held and where experimental activities regarding various archaeological topics can be followed. There is a conference room and a stand for the sale of publications.