The entire complex was opened in 1682 by the Jesuits. The church is built in classical style, shaped like a Greek cross with pseudo spherical dome, octagonal on the outside.
The interior is essential and luminous with sober decorations. Of great scenic effect, the main altar dates back to the 17thcentury, the work of Giovanni Massa and Giovanni Pozzuoli, together with the altar-piece of the chapel on the right. A number of 17th-century paintings by local artists complete the works on show in the Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art which is located here.
On Thurdays and Saturdays 10.00 am - 12.30 pm; on Sundays 10.00 am - 12.30 pm / 4.00 pm - 7.00 pm.